Business Systems Analyst – GIS, OMS, Mobile Workforce
Your keen interest in technology and ability to research and suggest new approaches, as well as learn and adapt to new technologies, are among your strengths as a Business Systems Analyst and will drive your success at London Hydro within our Information Technology Department.
Reporting to the Program Manager PMO or designate, you will participate in operational system support and project activities to ensure the delivery of high-quality information systems solutions to London Hydro’s business users and customers. With this goal in mind, you will apply your knowledge of, and experience with, complex technologies to support and enhance one or more solutions in areas such as web/mobile applications and enterprise applications.
As part of your responsibilities as a Business Systems Analyst, you will:
- Design, develop, test, maintain and monitor Hexagon applications like GIS, OMS as part of various business processes.
- Respond to end-user support requests and issues. Analyze errors and discrepancies in systems and processes, and provide resolutions or make recommendations.
- Configure and modify configuration parameters and system processes based on user needs.
- Liaise with vendor support on escalated issues and project implementations.
- Manage and maintain analytical data and respond to requests for information. Develop complex queries/scripts to support information needs. Develop and maintain reporting systems to make operational and business intelligence data accessible to users.
- Interact with internal business users and external organizations to understand and support the needs of London Hydro’s operations and relevant processes.
- Maintain up-to-date documentation of existing systems and issues. Provide ongoing training to end-users of systems. Analyze and document detailed business requirements for new or changes to existing solutions
- Develop process flow models to provide a clear understanding of existing business processes and system interactions as well as changes to support process improvement and integrate corporate objectives. Create and execute test plans to validate the correctness of information systems solutions and ensure that all business requirements have been sufficiently met.
- Adhere to all Occupational Health and Safety Act rules and regulations, the IHSA's Electrical London Hydro's health and safety program.
The qualified Business Systems Analyst we seek for this opportunity must be able to meet the following requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering or a related field from a recognized university, or equivalent.
- Ability to communicate technical subjects clearly to non-technical users.
- Excellent communication, analytical and documentation skills.
- Ability to work closely in a team environment with both business users and developers, as well as independently, with changing priorities.
- Ability to appropriately manage, communicate and present issues to the management team.
- Proficiency in developing, supporting and maintaining GIS Applications (GIS, OMS, Mobile workforce system)
- Experience writing complex Oracle SQL queries/packages
- Working knowledge of one or more of the following: GIS, OMS, Mobile workforce systems, Utility CIS/billing systems, SAP IS-Utilities, Meter Data Management (MDM) systems, and electric or other utility processes.
NOTE: Please note that applicants who receive any conditional offer of employment from London Hydro will be required to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated with a COVID-19 vaccine approved by Health Canada as a condition of employment and to maintain their status as fully vaccinated as a condition of continued employment. London Hydro will consider individual requests for accommodation by applicants who cannot be fully vaccinated due to grounds protected under the Human Rights Code.
About London Hydro
For over a century, London Hydro has been providing safe, affordable and reliable electricity to a diverse customer base. We are one of the area’s larger employers, with a highly skilled and motivated team of people across many different occupations. Through this dedicated team and an extensive network of overhead and underground power lines, we power over 160,000 homes and businesses, and continue to improve the way people live and work.
Living in London offers many lifestyle benefits. Develop your career at London Hydro.
Watch the short video below for more details!
For more information, and to apply:
To find out more about London Hydro, as well as this and other opportunities to join our team, please visit our website at www.londonhydro.com. If you are both qualified and safety-focused, we invite you to submit your cover letter and resume as a single document (in .pdf or .docx format, only), saving the file as your last name and first name with no spaces (i.e., LastnameFirstname), by Friday, March 24, 2023, to: Human Resources Department, London Hydro Inc., P.O. Box 2700, London, ON N6A 4H6. Fax: 519-661-5164. E-mail (quote Business Systems Analyst in the subject line and ensure that you attach your resume): firstname.lastname@example.org. The successful candidate will be required to complete a Criminal Record Check prior to the commencement of employment. An education check will also be conducted.
London Hydro is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation is available under the Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
While we appreciate all applications received, only those invited for an interview will be acknowledged. Any personal information submitted will be managed in accordance with the requirements of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and will be used only to determine eligibility for employment.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, this advertisement is directed to applicants who are authorized to work in Canada.