Bring your creative and innovative approach and mindset to London Hydro. You will gain utility knowledge and hands-on experience with emerging smart-grid technologies.
We are looking for students, interns, and recent grads to work on the following projects for up to eight months:
- Ontario Green Button Initiative - development and advancement of systems to provide customers with access to their energy data
- Mobile Computing and App Development
- Cloud Computing - advancing London Hydro's use of the cloud platform
- Cyber Security - advancing London Hydro's existing work on ensuring data security
- Behind the meter pilots working with smart plus/devices and home energy solutions
- New rate design and real time data pilot
- Big data analytics using Redshift and Tableau
- Support and Enhance Digital Rendering Microservice built using Spring Boot, Apache Kafka and Apache FOP
- Support and Enhance Digital Utility Operations Manager Mobile (built using Ionic Framework and Google Firestore)
- Developing ionic application front end development framework
The successful candidate will have excellent communication skills (written and oral) and be a self-starter. Students enrolled in one of the following programs are preferred:
- Software Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Computer Science
Students with skills and knowledge of the following would be an asset:
- Web and mobile design and development using open source tools
- Computer networks
- Network and cyber security systems
- Related Industry knowledge
About London Hydro
For over a century, London Hydro has been providing safe, affordable, and reliable electricity to a diverse customer base. We are one of the area’s larger employers, with a highly skilled and motivated team of people across many different occupations. Through this dedicated team and an extensive network of overhead and underground power lines, we power over 150,000 homes and businesses and continue to improve the way people live and work.
Living in London offers many lifestyle benefits. Develop your career at London Hydro.
Watch the short video below for more details!
To find out more about London Hydro, as well as this and other opportunities to join our team, please visit our website at www.londonhydro.com. If you are both qualified and safety-focused, we invite you to submit your cover letter and resume as a single document, saving the file as your last name and first name with no spaces (i.e., LastnameFirstname), by September 29, 2021 to: Human Resources Department, London Hydro Inc., P.O. Box 2700, London, ON N6A 4H6. Fax: 519-661-5164. E-mail (quote IT Student in the subject line and ensure that you attach your resume): email@example.com. The successful candidate will be required to complete a Criminal Record Check prior to the commencement of employment.
London Hydro is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation is available under the Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
While we appreciate all applications received, only those invited for an interview will be acknowledged. Any personal information submitted will be managed in accordance with the requirements of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and will be used only to determine eligibility for employment.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, this advertisement is directed to applicants who are authorized to work in Canada.