Part Time Service Desk Agent - London, ON
London Hydro Inc. is currently recruiting for a Service Desk Agent to work in our Information
Systems Department. This is a part-time position that would require you to work up to twenty-
four (24) hours per week, Monday through Friday.
Under the direction of the Manager, IT Infrastructure, or designate, you will be responsible for
day to day support of IT devices and software for London Hydro end-users (remote support,
telephone-based, and face to face).
More specifically as a Service Desk Agent you will:
- Serve as first point of contact for users seeking technical assistance for desktop, connectivity, software, peripherals and mobile devices. Direct unresolved issues to next level of support personnel. Ensure help desk tickets are accurately logged and maintained.
- Set up, configure, manage and support end-user computing and mobile devices.
- Repair and substitute faulty hardware and contribute to hardware selection process.
- Identify and suggest possible process improvement opportunities.
- Document how-to procedures as it relates to the service desk processes and technologies.
- Adhere to all Occupational Health & Safety Act rules and regulations, the E&USA rule book, London Hydro work practices and London Hydro’s Health & Safety Management System.
- Perform other job-related duties.
The qualified Service Desk Agent we seek must be able to meet the following requirements:
- You hold a Computer Systems College Diploma or Certificate.
- You demonstrate a clear understanding of computer systems, mobile devices and other information technology solutions associated with the position.
- You have the ability to diagnose and resolve basic technical issues pertaining to end-users.
- You are familiar with Windows OS provisioning, system management tools, logical file systems, client/server environments and service desk technologies.
- You demonstrate effective customer service and communication skills.
- You work with a high degree of confidentiality.
About London Hydro
For over a century, London Hydro has been providing safe, affordable and reliable
electricity to a diverse customer base. We are one of the area’s larger employers, with a
highly skilled and motivated team of people across many different occupations. Through
this dedicated team and an extensive network of overhead and underground power lines,
we power over 150,000 homes and businesses, and continue to improve the way people
live and work.
Living in London offers many lifestyle benefits. Develop your career at London Hydro.
Watch the short video below for more details!
For more information and to apply:
To find out more about London Hydro, as well as this and other opportunities to join our
team, please visit our website at www.londonhydro.com. If you are both qualified and
safety-focused, we invite you to submit your cover letter and resume as a single
document, saving the file as your last name and first name with no spaces (i.e.,
LastnameFirstname), by Monday, April 19, 2021, to: Human Resources Department,
London Hydro Inc., P.O. Box 2700, London, ON N6A 4H6. Fax: 519-661-5164. E-
mail (quote Part Time Service Desk Agent in the subject line and ensure that you
attach your resume): email@example.com. The successful candidate will be
required to complete a Criminal Record Check prior to the commencement of
employment. An education check will also be conducted.
London Hydro is an equal opportunity employer.
Accommodation is available under the Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. While we appreciate all applications received, only those invited for an interview will be
acknowledged. Any personal information submitted will be managed in accordance with
the requirements of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act
and will be used only to determine eligibility for employment.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, this advertisement is directed to
applicants who are authorized to work in Canada