Program Manager / Project Manager
An excellent career move for a leader who is agile, innovative and strategic, has excellent communication and collaboration skills and can deliver results
As a Program Manager / Project Manager, you will work under the direction of the Director Information Systems, or designate, to ensure the successful delivery and coordinated management of technology projects and programs for London Hydro.
Specifically, as Program Manager / Project Manager, you will:
- Manage complex work projects and programs throughout the full project lifecycle, including scope, cost, schedule and quality.
- Manage the dependencies and interfaces between projects.
- Define roles and responsibilities, providing overall program and project governance and oversight.
- Proactively manage resource allocations by ensuring that the appropriate resources are assigned to the tasks within and amongst projects.
- Manage project changes and risks by balancing scope, schedule, cost and quality constraints.
- Manage vendor schedule, costs and deliverables to ensure successful and quality technology solutions for London Hydro.
- Apply appropriate project management methodologies and processes.
- Determine the right product, technology and system implementer and/or integrator for technology projects.
- Develop project documentation, including justification, sourcing, evaluation and contract documents, Business Cases, Project Plan, Project Charter and other project documents.
- Collect, and report on, project information and status to Executive, Steering Committee and stakeholders, and liaise with them as appropriate.
- Perform cost-benefit analysis of projects and programs, and ensure maintenance of Benefit Realizations.
- Adhere to all Occupational Health & Safety Act rules and regulations, the E&USA rule book, London Hydro work practices and London Hydro’s Health & Safety Management System.
The qualified Program Manager / Project Manager we seek will be able to meet the following requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering.
- PMP (Project Management Professional) Certification and/or Program Management Certification.
- Experience in implementing projects using various methodologies, including Waterfall and Agile.
- Advanced skill in use of Microsoft Project to build, execute and track significant projects.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects concurrently.
- At least 5 years of project or program management experience in Technology Development and Implementation.
- At least 3 years of experience with SAP, Hexagon, OMS/GIS or customer development and mobile workforce management.
- At least 5 years of leadership, management and/or supervisory experience.
- At least 5 years of vendor management experience.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to execute and deliver results within required timeframes.
- Valid Class G driver’s licence.
- Special consideration given to candidates with utility experience.
Please note that applicants who receive any conditional offer of employment from London Hydro will be required to disclose their COVID-19 vaccination status to London Hydro as a condition of employment, in accordance with London Hydro’s COVID-19 Vaccination Status Disclosure Policy.
About London Hydro
For over a century, London Hydro has been providing safe, affordable and reliable electricity to a diverse customer base. We are one of the area’s larger employers, with a highly skilled and motivated team of people across many different occupations. Through this dedicated team and an extensive network of overhead and underground power lines, we power over 166,000 homes and businesses, and continue to improve the way people live and work.
Living in London offers many lifestyle benefits. Develop your career at London Hydro.
Watch the short video below for more details!
For more information, and to apply:
To find out more about London Hydro, as well as this and other opportunities to join our team, please visit our website at www.londonhydro.com. If you are both qualified and safety-focused, we invite you to submit your cover letter and resume as a single document (in .pdf or .docx format only), saving the file as your last name and first name with no spaces (i.e., LastnameFirstname), by Friday, August 4, 2023, to: Human Resources Department, London Hydro Inc., P.O. Box 2700, London, ON N6A 4H6. Fax: 519-661-5164. E-mail (quote Program Manager in the subject line and ensure that you attach your resume): firstname.lastname@example.org. The successful candidate will be required to complete a Criminal Record Check prior to the commencement of employment. An education check will also be conducted.
London Hydro is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation is available under the Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
While we appreciate all applications received, only those invited for an interview will be acknowledged. Any personal information submitted will be managed in accordance with the requirements of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and will be used only to determine eligibility for employment.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, this advertisement is directed to applicants who are authorized to work in Canada.