Program Manager – Shared Services
Are you ready to be part of London Hydro’s Green Button journey?
Are you passionate about promoting utility collaboration through shared services?
Are you interested in joining an innovative company full of talented employees?
Then, definitely apply to become London Hydro’s Program Manager – Shared Services.
As a Program Manager, you will work under the direction of the Director, Information Systems, to ensure the successful delivery and growth of shared service Green Button applications and related technology projects and systems. You will also contribute on a broader spectrum, ensuring that the goals, objectives and strategic plan of the corporation are achieved.
You are a creative, agile, decisive and persuasive thought leader who recognizes the importance of teamwork and customer relations. You have a strong Information Technology background with experience in the utility sector, and you are an excellent communicator. You drive results through the implementation of innovative IT and customer-centric solutions, along with efficient business models and processes.
As part of your responsibilities as Program Manager – Shared Services, you will:
- Manage the relationship and service levels with existing shared services utilities and promote more collaboration across Ontario utilities.
- Develop shared services proposals, including justification, sourcing, evaluation and contract documents, business cases, project plan, project charter and other relevant customer onboarding documents.
- Provide technical leadership to staff on Green Button and customer-facing applications throughout the full project lifecycle, including scope, IT design, cost, schedule and quality assurance.
- Manage the integrations, dependencies and interfaces between customer enterprise systems and Green Button platform and related software applications.
- Collect, analyze, and interpret customer and other stakeholder input to identify and create requirements and information useful in optimizing and improving the customer experience and Green Button Software Platform.
- Manage the shared services customer working group with the goal of aligning customer needs with product roadmaps.
- Contribute to technical design and system architecture requirements.
- Manage the dependencies and interfaces between projects, teams and stakeholders.
- Create technical design and system architecture requirements.
- Define and manage roles and responsibilities while providing overall program and associated project(s) governance and oversight.
- Manage shared services daily operations and customer inquiries.
- Proactively manage resource allocations by ensuring that the appropriate resources are assigned to the tasks within and amongst projects.
- Manage project changes and risks by balancing scope, schedule, cost and quality constraints.
- Manage vendor schedule, costs and deliverables to ensure successful and quality technology solutions for London Hydro.
- Determine the right product, technology or system implementation approaches.
- Take an active part in Steering Committees and stakeholder engagement groups, and liaise with them as appropriate.
- Leverage a referenceable track record of successfully managing and executing initiatives related to IT process reengineering and optimization, strategy, business case, technology roadmap development, etc.
- Perform cost-benefit analyses of projects and programs, and ensure maintenance of benefit realizations.
- Adhere to all Occupational Health & Safety Act rules and regulations, the IHSA EUSR rule book, London Hydro work practices and London Hydro’s Health & Safety Management System.
- Liaise with industry professionals, customers, city officials, industry associations, regulators and other agencies, representing the corporation regarding information technology matters.
The qualified Program Manager – Shared Services we seek for this opportunity must be able to meet the following requirements:
- Successful completion of a bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Software / Computer / Electrical Engineering from a recognized university.
- A minimum of 5 years of progressive, managerial/supervisory experience at a senior level.
- Experience in the IT and/or electric-utility sector, with knowledge of utility information technology systems, data management systems, cloud computing and other related technology-driven systems.
- Experience liaising with senior management, customers and external agencies.
- Proven leadership and relationship management ability.
- Strong business acumen and communication skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive and effective cross-functional relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Experience in preparing detailed business plans, reports and analyses, and delivering presentations to various audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to employ effective conflict resolution.
NOTE: Please note that applicants who receive any conditional offer of employment from London Hydro will be required to disclose their COVID-19 vaccination status to London Hydro as a condition of employment, in accordance with London Hydro’s COVID-19 Vaccination Status Disclosure Policy.
About London Hydro
For over a century, London Hydro has been providing safe, affordable and reliable electricity to a diverse customer base. We are one of the area’s larger employers, with a highly skilled and motivated team of people across many different occupations. Through this dedicated team and an extensive network of overhead and underground power lines, we power over 166,000 homes and businesses, and continue to improve the way people live and work.
Living in London offers many lifestyle benefits. Develop your career at London Hydro.
Watch the short video below for more details!
See our website for information about London Hydro and Sustainability / ESG.
For more information, and to apply:
To find out more about London Hydro, as well as this and other opportunities to join our team, please visit our website at www.londonhydro.com. If you are both qualified and safety-focused, we invite you to submit your cover letter and resume as a single document (in .pdf or .docx format only), saving the file as your last name and first name with no spaces (i.e., LastnameFirstname) by Friday, November 24, 2023 to: Human Resources Department, London Hydro Inc., P.O. Box 2700, London, ON N6A 4H6. Fax: 519-661-5164. E-mail (quote Program Manager-Shared Services in the subject line and ensure that you attach your resume): email@example.com. The successful candidate will be required to complete a Criminal Record Check prior to the commencement of employment. An education check will also be conducted.
London Hydro is committed to fostering a corporate culture and climate that values and supports a diverse, equitable and inclusive organization. We know that our employees are our greatest strength, and that we will achieve our goals through the innovation, integrity, and agility of a diverse, engaged and talented workforce.
London Hydro is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation is available under the Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. While we appreciate all applications received, only those invited for an interview will be acknowledged. Any personal information submitted will be managed in accordance with the requirements of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and will be used only to determine eligibility for employment. In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, this advertisement is directed to applicants who are authorized to work in Canada.