Protection and Control Technologist - London, ON
Are you an Electrical Engineering Technologist or similarly qualified professional looking for a career challenge? Can you share your expertise by instructing other departments in how to use electronic equipment? If so, consider joining London Hydro as a Protection and Control Technologist.
Working under the direction of the Protection and Control Supervisor, or designate, you will install, modify, repair, maintain, design, develop and analyze SCADA systems.
As part of your responsibilities as a Protection and Control Technologist, you will:
- Work on energized cable and/or equipment up to 750 volts.
- Work in close proximity to high-voltage cable and/or equipment.
- Perform preventative and restorative maintenance on SCADA, supervisory control computer systems and associated peripherals, V.H.F. and U.H.F. radio communications and control equipment, remote telemetry units, and a wide variety of test and monitoring equipment used by other departments.
- Devise and fabricate electronic devices into various control systems.
- Develop, install, program and modify programmable controllers, relay and measurement devices.
- Devise, develop and maintain sound systems and auxiliary alarms.
- Prepare blueprints of as-built tasks.
- Instruct other departments in the proper usage of electronic equipment.
- Maintain required paperwork and files.
- Adhere to all Occupational Health & Safety Act rules and regulations, the E&USA rule book, London Hydro work practices and London Hydro’s Health & Safety Management System.
The qualified Protection and Control Technologist we seek for this opportunity must be able to meet the following requirements:
- Graduation from a community college Electrical Engineering Technology program or equivalent.
- A Class G Driver’s Licence (a driver’s licence and an ability to drive are required in order to discharge the essential duties of the position).
About London Hydro
For over a century, London Hydro has been providing safe, affordable and reliable electricity to a diverse customer base. We are one of the area’s larger employers, with a highly skilled and motivated team of people across many different occupations. Through this dedicated team and an extensive network of overhead and underground power lines, we power over 150,000 homes and businesses, and continue to improve the way people live and work.
Living in London offers many lifestyle benefits. Develop your career at London Hydro.
Watch the short video below for more details!
For more information and to apply
To find out more about London Hydro, as well as this and other opportunities to join our team, please visit our website at www.londonhydro.com. If you are both qualified and safety-focused, we invite you to submit your cover letter and resume as a single document, saving the file as your last name and first name with no spaces (i.e., LastnameFirstname), by Friday, March 5, 2021, to: Human Resources Department, London Hydro Inc., P.O. Box 2700, London, ON N6A 4H6. Fax: 519-661-5164. E-mail (quote Protection and Control Technologist in the subject line and ensure that you attach your resume): email@example.com. The successful candidate will be required to complete a Criminal Record Check prior to the commencement of employment. An education check will also be conducted.
London Hydro is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation is available under the Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
While we appreciate all applications received, only those invited for an interview will be acknowledged. Any personal information submitted will be managed in accordance with the requirements of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and will be used only to determine eligibility for employment.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, this advertisement is directed to applicants who are authorized to work in Canada.